Klick Business Solutions can help you source opportunities and submit PQQs - Pre Qualification Questionnaires. Detailed below is information on what PQQs are and the things you need to consider before requesting us to complete a PQQ on your behalf or completing the document yourself.
What is a PQQ?
A Pre Qualification Questionnaire - (PQQ) enables purchasers to identify the most suitable suppliers to invite to tender for contracts.
The document is a universal questionnaire for all interested parties. It contains a request for standardised information and is sent out to all interested parties. Responses are analysed and successful bidders are short listed to receive the full tender documentation.
The PQQ is a risk assessment of - Is your company Competent and Capable of delivering the work.
Remember the buyer may receive 100+ PQQ's - they need to shortlist to <10 - They are not looking at ways to keep you in the process! Your PQQ has to be detailed, compliant and mitigate any risks in order to ensure it is one of the few that gets selected for the next stage.
Bid or No Bid?
Before deciding to complete a PQQ (Pre Qualification Questionnaire) you need to answer the following questions:
• Can you demonstrate relevant experience?
• Is the company financially stable?
• Do you have the right people/products in the right places to deliver?
• Do you have any history with the organisation? - 80% of companies winning public sector tenders already have some relationship with the organisation!
What do you need to get through a PQQ?
• 2-3 years Accounts
• Internal Quality Policy / Procedures - ISO9001:2008 accreditation or working towards it
• Environmental / Sustainability Policy, internal or ISO14001 or working towards it
• Company Organisation Chart /staff CV’s
• Health & Safety Policy – Risk Assessments/Method statements – OHSAS18001 or CHAS
• Equal Opportunities & Diversity Policy Certification to relevant governing or professional bodies
• Testimonials / References - need to align to opportunity
• Insurance Certificates - sufficient cover
• Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery Policy
• Corporate Social Responsibility Policy
Top Tips for completing PQQ's
• Don’t just tell them What you do by listing Features of your products – remember to sell the Benefits and Value
• Always provide demonstrable evidence to back up any statements or facts
• Never answer No or negatively –put a positive slant on an answer – 'Working towards' or 'Currently implementing' - but you will need to provide proof.
• Read the formatting instructions carefully, font sizes/word counts etc.
• Appendices are supplementary information – if it is relevant and important to the answer, put it in the answer.
• Clearly mark any supporting information/appendices
• Deadlines are deadlines – they don’t move!
Do you need assistance in completing a PQQ or wish to find out what tender opportunities are out there in your market? Please contact our team here: Tender Writer Specialists
The Corporate Officer of the House of Lords and the House of Commons
University Hospitals of Morecambe
£165,000 - £175,000
East Sussex Healthcare
NHS Supply Chain acting as agent for NHS Business Services Authority
£870,000 - £955,000
Contact the tender writing specialists now on 01384 27 95 68 for an immediate and free quotation.